Your Facebook profile is a powerful tool in attracting potential customers, and yet time and again I see people ignore these key features on their profile that can drive traffic to their business.
Here’s what your profile should look like.
Ways to attract more customers
1. Self-Employed Professional. If you are in Real Estate or in the Financial industry, you would normally associate yourself to that company. In which case, you will be driving your traffic to that company’s main Facebook Page (if they have one). If they don’t have a page, then that potential is wasted. As you can see here; 165 people “like” Dominion Lending Center. But since it’s a default page – meaning no one owns or manage this page, these prospects are wasted. I’ve seen this quite a bit with Direct Sales and Network Marketing people.
2. Self-Employed Business Owners - If you own a business, and you put “self-employed” as your WORK, then the default link goes to this empty page.
Unless you want to keep your business a secret, you should minimally put your company name under Employment. It works on a default, so whatever you put on that space links to a Facebook page. So it’s best to create a business page even if it’s just to give a short description of your company and link it to your business website like what they did here:
It really doesn’t have to be sophisticated or an active business page if you don’t have the time or the resources to manage it. At least you are there when someone is looking for you. This solution will at least allow interested people to check you out.
3. Contact Info - It boggles my mind why business people would omit this most important information on their profile – their contact info. You want to make it easy for people to contact you about your business.
How To Edit Your Facebook Profile
1. Log in
2. Click on your name besides your profile picture (sometimes, when you are looking at your newsfeeds or “wall”, you might not see where to edit your profile).
3. Once you are in your profile page, you should see “EDIT PROFILE” besides a little pen icon on the top right corner below your thumbnail picture. Click on that to edit.
4. On the left panel – you will see the following:
- Basic Information
- Profile Picture
- Friends and Family
- Work and Education
- Art and Entertainment
- Activities and Interest
- Contact Information
5. Edit your information and don’t forget to click the “save changes” button.
There you have it, use your facebook profile page to get more customers!